30 Jun The Top 10 Ways to Stay in the Business Flow While on Vacation
Posted at 13:25h in Self Leadership
- Set Boundaries – Decide when and where you will check voice mail and e-mail. Limit your time and frequency of checking to one time a day. You are on vacation.
- Business Cards – Take 100 business cards and pass out along the way. You never know who will be so thankful that your paths crossed. A great habit is to pass out 5 cards a day, and while you are on vacation let your journey take your card distribution into new territories!
- Podcasts – There are so many motivational and educational podcasts you can listen to as you drive, fly and relax. This is a great time to soak in new information or review old information. You are on vacation, so don’t act on it; just savor it!
- Books – Take one book and really get it read! Rather than packing 5 that you “hope to get to.” Be serious about one and enjoy reading it.
- Ideas – Before you go, pick something you would like to discover or get new ideas about. Take the questions with you as conversation starters and gather information from those around you. Pick their brains. They have great ideas and you might be able to glean new resources and information that will be greatly applicable when you return.
- Perspective – Look at your business from a new perspective. Look at your business from the framework of relaxing on the beach, enjoying the breathtaking mountains, etc. What is possible here? What can you take from this view and apply to or bring into your business?
- Explore – Look at phone books, ads, posters and businesses around you. Check out the needs and saturation of your market. Is your vacation spot your next target area?
- Focus – Evaluate your goals and progress. Where have you been and what do you want? Revise your goals and set new ones. While you are away from the office it is a great time to do some longer “thinking” activities that you do not have time for when you are in the chaos and rush of normal schedules and business life!
- Journaling – Spend some time just writing down and capturing your ideas. What are you learning and noticing? What do you want to do differently when you get back? Brainstorm something new. Write a top ten to keep your mind sharp. Writing is powerful. Even if you never look at the entry again, there is an amazing connection in the act of writing thoughts down and remembering them later!
- Keep Motivation Pieces – Look for an item (postcard, picture, souvenir, etc.) that is motivational to take back with you into your working day. Bring your trip and the inspiration from it back with you!
Keep Charging & Shine!
Christy Geiger, Executive/Leadership Coach, www.synergystrategies.com
10 Habits to Get Things Done
TILP30: GOALS AND RESOLUTIONS, WHEN THEY DON'T GET RESOLVED
Step #4: Get What You Want In 8 Easy Steps
TIPS FOR SUCCESS IN 2021
What does your Identity say about you?
FIND TRACTION AND GET THINGS DONE
Nine Ways to Ignore Distractions at Work
How to Focus to Execute Well
What is your Brand Experience?
ATTRACTION and SURRENDER