03 Sep One Page Dashboard
Create a dashboard to keep you focused and grounded. On a single piece of paper, write down a couple of sentences to answer these questions:
- What is your vision for your organization, expressed in a way that inspires you?
- How would you describe your organization’s mission in a way that gives you a real sense of purpose?
- What are your key values that also fit the values of your organization?
- What performance metrics must you hit to be seen as a top performer?
- What are the top 3 initiatives you must lead to hit those metrics?
- Who are to 5-10 key people in your career (e.g., boss, employees, colleagues, mentors), that make up the core of your power base?
- What is one thing you will do in coming months to be even better (e.g., assignments, training, coaching, self-study)?
Use the above as a living, breathing document that you review and update every month or so. Look at it whenever you feel like your work is getting out of control or chaotic.