19 Mar Making Things Happen
Here are a few keys:
1) Anything is possible. Believe that it can happen and look for ways to make it happen.
2) Know what you want/need in life and what is necessary to accomplish those needs (i.e. a working lady wants to work and have kids but needs to have work flexibility. Solution: Find a job that has flexibility or can be done from home that uses your skills and will meet your work needs (income, work environment, preferences, etc.).
3) Have a vision of the solution. (If you can see all the way to the end, plot the actions it will take. If you cannot, plot the first set of actions and work on those. The next steps will become obvious as you move).
4) Take baby steps to move closer to that vision. What ONE thing can you do?
5) Surround yourself with people, resources and tools to keep you courageous, focused, encouraged and optimistic so you do not grow weary, discouraged, distracted or overwhelmed.
6) Embrace Change. As you go keep your eyes fixed on the objective/goal and allow for adjustments along the way.