So, to step closer to wholehearted living, your full potential, and your life purpose and calling, it is in your best interest to:
- Identify the Gremlin – Name it. Draw it. Identify its favorite sayings to you and its best tactic to keep you small. What is its impact and purpose? What does it want to keep you from?
- Manage it –
- Simply notice it and acknowledge it is there and talking
- Separate Gremlin from truth; What is TRUE
- Notice your values and WHO GOD MADE YOU TO BE
- Consider why this is really important and why you are doing it (the bigger purpose)
- Give it a job to do or talk to it (ok to give it directives too)
- Send it somewhere; put it away (drop it out the window, etc.)
- Personify it more (draw it, mold it, etc.)
- Find what the Gremlin is protecting you from and do a reality check
- Remember who you are. Make a list to remind yourself. You are a naturally creative resourceful person. As a Christian, I remember I am a child of God, redeemed, gifted, and loved. I also find these statements a powerful reminder. (I AM )
Check out the book: Taming Your Gremlin by Richard Carson to learn more. Your gremlin won’t want you to, but it is in your best interest to identify yours. Be fully alive and living. You have purpose, meaning, and significance!
Keep Charging & Shine!
Christy Geiger, Executive/Leadership Coach, www.synergystrategies.com