07 Sep Energy Tips for Leaders on the Verge of Burnout
It is natural that there are some instances where you can feel discouraged, down and even depressed about the certain happenings in your work and life. However, it is best for you to take over your problems rather than your problems taking over you.
As a leader, it can be a lonely place. You have information that you cannot share with everyone. You have context and framework for situations and challenges when most are not able to see the full picture occurring. The pressure, isolation, and weight can feel overwhelming, causing things to seem hopeless and you to feel anxious and stressed. Many of us live under this pressure for months on end, knowing we need to change it, but not sure how to change it. Living in this state often leads to more serious trouble like physical and mental breakdowns. Sorry, I know you didn’t want to hear that, but honestly, leaders are usually so deep in the thick of things they don’t feel they can stop to find their way out, rather just keep forging forward. Now is the time. Take this moment to commit to rising above the chaos and crisis so you can lead better! Renew your strength by changing your lifestyle and your way of thinking.
When lacking energy, there are numerous things that you can do to stop challenging cycles in your life. It is best summed up in the following energy tips to help turn the tide on burnout.
- Start the morning getting focused on your day. A 30 minute power hour is a must. When you wake up in the morning, don’t get back in bed and sleep; instead, give yourself a mental boost to get the energy that you need to complete your day. Bear in your mind the things and goals that you want to achieve today. Being motivated is an important factor to having excellent leadership abilities. It is best to start your day with positive thinking. In the end of your day, you can feel satisfied and happy about your day.
- Good food and water. It is a fact that proper nutrition is very important in attaining a high level of energy. Therefore, you must set a healthy diet to help you prolong life and gain reserves of energy which is important to perform at your top efficiency at work and in your daily activities. Meanwhile, you must also drink plenty of water to avoid being dehydrated. Thus, water is needed to refresh your enervating soul.
- Workout and release the stress, toxic energy and tension from your body and mind. Perform some relaxing exercises that can help you attain peace of mind. A relaxed body and mind play a vital role in energy management. In return, you can make the most out of your day. Being an energetic and enthusiastic person is a true mark of a good leader.
- Do something you love. Be passionate about your hobby or something that you enjoy and are interested in. By simply loving what you are doing, you can efficiently manage your energy. This is the secret of successful leaders today. Once you’ve learned to love what you are doing, there is no reason for you to feel depressed at all.
- Ensure your Environment is Inspiring. Surround yourself with things you love and feed your energy with people, places and things that interest you. If you feel tired and down, always remember the people and things that are important to you. Being with someone that you love is a perfect solution to eliminate the loneliness and stress that you feel. As what we often hear, love conquers all. The love in your heart can be the best reason for you to have the energy to complete everything that you set out to do.
By simply following the above-mentioned tips, you can begin to shift your energy. As your energy shifts, your leadership will be impacted for the positive, as you have more energy, balance, and momentum to weather challenges.