08 May Designing the Body’s Environment
Review the following to help you evaluate and bring your “BODY” more in-line with your goals.
The environment of BODY is introspection about WHO YOU ARE. This includes your:
- Gifts & Talents– What God has blessed you with at birth, unique to you; easy and effortless attributes you possess. Talents. Skills that you come natural to you and that you enjoy developing. Some might say part of your purpose on earth; what you are sent here with.
- Body – Your physical being. The one body you are given and get for life.
- What comes naturally to you? Name anything and everything.
- What do people applaud as your strengths?
- Ask 5 people what they see as your greatest assets.
- Notice the themes and common items.
- A GREAT resource is the book, Now Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buchingham. There is a code in the tapes or book to take an on-line profile that will tell you your top 5 strengths. It is worth the purchase and taking the inventory only takes about 45 min. (strengths list is attached)
- What talents/skills do you have that come easy for you?
- What activities do you like doing and that you love when people ask for your assistance?
- List what you find yourself “good at” and enjoy. (learning, cooking, gardening, music, talking, shopping, drawing, painting…)
- Look at the common items. If you were doing some of these more, how would they support your goal?
- What talents do you have that will contribute to taking extremely great care of yourself and that will support you in achieving your goal?
- How can you use your gifts and talents not only for pleasure but to actually make money or to inspire others?
- How do you feel overall?
- How are you taking care of yourself? (exercise, eating, sleeping, etc.)
- When do you have surges of energy? Why? Are you eating better during this time?
- When do you feel sluggish? Do you need a nap, walk, or to sit and relax during the day?
- Are you using any numbing substances? Alcohol, caffeine, sugar, medications can numb you and reduce your ability to be sensitive to your other environments.
- How much water are you drinking? This can really affect your overall brain power (you need to be fully hydrated and fully nourished to think properly.)
- Where do you carry stress in your body? What exercises would release that?
- Notice any chronic problems? Sick, sore, tired, achy, out of shape, upset stomach, hearing, lumps, bumps, etc? (These can become nagging tolerations that we attempt to ignore but really slow us down.)
- When is the last time you did a health inventory? Weight, blood pressure, physical, etc.
- How is your nutrition? vitamins, diet, 7 fruits/veggies a day, etc.
- Think about your 5 senses – are you using and enjoying all of them? smell, sound, taste, sight, touch.
What are you doing on a daily basis to get physical and emotional health from a very high source? (Think solar power instead of electricity…are you getting energy from creativity or from caffeine?)
FOCUS: Write your main goal: ____________________________________________________________
- How can you use your natural gifts & talents to support you goal?
- What gifts & talents would you enjoy using that would just give you a general life boost?
- What part of your body have your been neglecting?
- How is this taking away from your goal?
- What do you need from your body to support your goal?
- How is your spirit?
- What aspects of your spirit are key to keeping a strong foundation in your life & goal achievement?
- Review this environment
- Schedule a coaching call if you want additional support
- Explore the questions for yourself & then brainstorm regarding your goal
- Start to identify some ways to support your goal through the environment of self
- Write questions you have for the group
- Draft a few steps you could take this week to move you closer to your goal!