The topic of attraction has different reactions depending on your background and exposure to it. If you have not heard of it, it is about the universal laws of energy magnetism. What you put out is also what you “attract”. If you don’t like that you are “attracting” in life or work, evaluate what you are putting out in the world (your energy, comments, ideas, actions, etc.). Thomas Leonard, a key founder of coaching, wrote these principles for positive attraction in THE PORTABLE COACH, ww.thomasleonard.com. Consider one principle you might like to “add” to your life and how it could impact yourself and others if you did this on a regular basis.
THE 28 PRINCIPLES OF ATTRACTION
1. Become incredibly selfish. Without you, there is nothing and attraction isn’t possible.
2. Unhook yourself from the future. Attraction works in the present, not in the future.
3. Over respond to every event. By over responding instead of overreacting, you evolve, which is very attractive.
4. Build a super reserve in every area. Having enough is not nearly enough for you to be irresistibly attractive.
5. Add value just for the joy of it. When you add value because you enjoy it, people are naturally attracted to you.
6. Affect others profoundly. The more you touch others, the more attractive you’ll become.
7. Market your talents shamelessly. If you’re embarrassed about what you do well, you won’t be very attractive.
8. Become irresistibly attractive to yourself. How can you attract others if you don’t feel irresistibly attractive to you?
9. Get a fulfilling life, not just an impressive lifestyle. A great life is attractive; a lifestyle is usually seductive.
10. Deliver twice what you promise. When you consistently deliver more than was expected, new customers are drawn to you.
11. Create a vacuum that pulls you forward. Being pulled forward is attractive; pushing forward is not.
12. Eliminate delay. Time is expensive and thus delay is very unattractive.
13. Get your personal needs met, once and for all. If your have unmet needs, you’ll attract others in the same position.
14. Thrive on the details. Subtleties, details and nuances are more attractive than the obvious.
15. Tolerate nothing. When you put up with something, it costs you. Costs are expensive and thus unattractive.
16. Show others how to please you. Don’t make them guess.
17. Endorse your worst weakness. When you can accept and honor the worst part of yourself, you are more accepting of others.
18. Sensitize yourself. The more you feel, the more you’ll notice and respond to the many opportunities in the present.
19. Perfect your environment. The attraction is a sophisticated system that requires a first-class environment.
20. Develop more character than you need. Integrity is not enough to become irresistible attractive.
21. See how perfect the present really is; especially when it is clearly not.
22. Become unconditionally constructive. High levels of respect are very attractive.
23. Orient exclusively around your values. When you spend your days doing what fulfills you, you are attractive.
24. Simplify everything. Abandoning the on-essentials leaves more room for you to attract.
25. Master your craft. Being the best at what you do is the easiest way to become successful.
26. Recognize and tell the truth. The truth is the most attractive thing of all, but it requires skills and awareness.
27. Have a vision. When you can see what’s coming, you don’t need to create a future.
28. Be more human. When you are genuine, you are attractive.
Christy Geiger, Executive Business Coach & Trainer, Minneapolis, MN