28 Jan TILP29: 3 QUESTIONS TO DISCOVER THE NEXT…
Posted at 17:34h in 4.0 Leadership
THE INNOVATIVE LEADER PODCAST WITH DAVID PHILLIPS AND CHRISTY GEIGER
Three powerful questions leaders ask to bring innovation and change to their organization!
- Why? – Dig to the root of motivation and reasons!
- What if? – Explore change in situation and scenario!
- Why not? – Uncover hidden fears and opportunities!
Listen to this week’s podcast to hear Christy and David unpack these questions from a real and practical perspective.
Key Topics (Timestamps):
- The “why” concept as a whole. (3:00)
- Keeping the “why” in front of us keeps us open to change. (8:30)
- Understanding “why” leads to continuing to trend toward excellence. (11:35)
- Asking bold questions around “what if” acts as an accelerant. (16:35)
- You can test the “what if” on any variable in your organization. (19:40)
- You can change the way people look at your services. (23:00)
- “Why not?” helps to overcome limitations and objectors. (26:00)
- “Why not?” can devise a plan for you to move through your obstacles. (31:00)
- You don’t have to wait for the right moment to start practicing these tools. (33:10)
Key Quotes (Timestamps):
- “Sometimes, when we’re in these seasons, it’s important to ask ‘why.’” (3:55)
- “We become an automaton when we’re so used to doing things a certain way.” (6:45)
- “By doing something differently, we might create the next.” (8:15)
- “Asking yourself ‘why’ will help you understand your core values.” (10:30)
- “It’s not about being obstinate: it’s about cultivating a growth mindset.” (14:40)
- “The ‘what if’ question helps us think about our organization bigger, and with a more human element.” (17:25)
- “What if COVID continues for another three years? What then?” (20:30)
- “Discovering the next is through asking these questions.” (24:50)
- “Your obstacles are going to get in the way of your great intentions.” (28:10)
- “To get what you want, you’ve got to go through your obstacles.” (30:00)
PODCAST: What You Allow, You Promote
TILP31: 3 WAYS TO ASSESS YOUR STRENGTHS AS A LEADER
Designing the Networked Environment
2018 Top Books of the Year
Building a Story Brand Book Review
How Neuroscience Helps Leaders Be Their Best Personally and Professionally
Leadership and Creating Space for Creativity
Giftology Book Review
How to Turn Down a Potential Clients
How to use the SCARF model to lead and communicate with people especially in a crisis