As a leader there are a few questions we need to ask our team on a regular basis (quarterly is reasonable).
The six questions include:
- Where are we going?
- Here is where I see the org and the business going? (big pic and small pic)
- Where do you think we should be going?
- Where are you going?
- Where are you’re doing well?
- This is what I see you and this part of the business doing well
- What do you feel you are doing well?
- What are you most proud of? **
- What are some suggestions for improvement?
- as a leader/manager here are some ideas or is what I think you could do better in the future or moving forward
- If you were a coach/manager, what advice would you have for yourself that could do better?
- How can I help?
- What suggestions and I ideas do you have for me that will help me to be a better or more effective leader?
Lead well. Ask questions. Get feedback. Respond and integrate feedback as much as possible.
If you want to hear the quick tips from Marshall himself, listen yourself – https://youtu.be/FYhws73vm0c