05 Jul TILP39: SETTING PEOPLE UP FOR SUCCESS
THE INNOVATIVE LEADER PODCAST WITH CHRISTY GEIGER AND DAVID PHILLIPS
How do you as a leader set your people up for success? In this episode, Christy and David talk about how to make things clear and smoothen out the path for your team to reach their highest level of success as a leader.
They explain the importance of defining goals and clarifying roles as a leader to allow team members to work towards success.
Christy and David explain the different ways you can remove obstacles by reducing ambiguity and providing resources to help your team to work effectively. Listen in to learn how you can have your leaders’ back, champion for their credibility, and much more!
What You Will Learn:
- [1:35] How to clarify the roles of your team members to help them function properly
- [8:02] How to be clear and have conversations about change management in the organization
- [10:05] The process of defining and communicating everyone’s role in the organization
- [17:01] How to remove obstacles by providing resources to help your team to work effectively
- [20:40] How to reduce ambiguity to remove obstacles for the team to work clearly
- [24:04] The different ways you can have your leader’s back
- [28:00] The importance of championing for your leaders’ credibility
- [31:03] The negative impacts of holding on to information that could do more harm than good
- “When you as a leader don’t provide a clear vision and clear expectations then everything gets blurred.”- David [1:40]
- “Make sure your leaders have the information…so that they’re not scrambling but they’re able to perform to the highest level.”- Christy [27:52]
- “You want to stay in a place where you feel you’ve got everything you need to be successful.”-David [32:19]
- “The people who have the ability to grow and be leaders, you don’t want them leaving because you’re not doing what you need as a leader.”- David [32:47]
Possible Actions to Take
- Have effective communication with your leaders to ensure things are not overlapping.
- Have your leaders back by ensuring they have the correct information for a situation so they can perform at their best.
- Lead by example and don’t hold on to information that could harm your people more.
Connect with Us:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qoeyPcIFWowUa0G9zrCfw
- Website: Innovative Leader: www.innovativeleader.co
- Christy Geiger: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christygeiger/
- David Phillips: https://wdavidphillips.com/
- Our Podcast Website: www.innovativeleader.co