THE INNOVATIVE LEADER PODCAST WITH CHRISTY GEIGER AND DAVID PHILLIPS
What exactly is vision casting and do you need it in your organization? In this episode, Christy and David talk about the meaning of vision casting and how to build a vision within an organization.
They explain why a vision is a function of a pain point and how to build stories of how it looks like. Listen in to learn how a vision becomes the focal point that guides you towards your intended goal (the NorthStar).
Christy and David explain the difference between mission and vision, how to align your team and operations to your NorthStar, how to work with your team as a collective in a 4.0 organization, and more!
What You Will Learn:
- [2:33] How to build stories of what your vision looks like
- [5:50] Why a vision starts with listening and engaging everyone to meet their needs
- [10:52] How to ensure that all the leaders and teams are focused on the NorthStar
- [16:58] The difference between a mission and a vision of an organization
- [24:10] How to clearly define your vision to establish responsibility towards it
- [27:40] The importance of living the vision as the departmental or organizational leader
- [30:09] The value of leaders and employees working on the vision as a collective
- [4:00] How to hold your NorthStar loosely and be open to adjustments
- “You have to engage people emotionally with the story of what could be and how it could change lives.”- David [4:57]
- “The vision becomes the focal point to guide you in your activities and planning to keep moving towards that NorthStar.”- Christy [12:24]
- “You have to have your vision in intricate to what you’re doing.”- Christy [14:20]
- “There’s got to be credibility and integrity in following the vision of the leader to set the standard.”- David [27:49]
- “If you’re going to create it and you want people to buy into it, you’ve got to live it and demonstrate it.”- David [29:46]
Possible Actions to Take
- Conduct the company vision with credibility and integrity as the leader to set an example to your team members.
- Be open to making short-term adjustments to your long-term vision by using the feedback you get.
- Work hard together with your team as a leader to solve collective needs.
Connect with Us:
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0qoeyPcIFWowUa0G9zrCfw
- Website: Innovative Leader: www.innovativeleader.co
- Christy Geiger: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christygeiger/
- David Phillips: https://wdavidphillips.com/
- Our Podcast Website: www.innovativeleader.co