10 Dec TILP24: PROACTIVE PLANNING FOR COVID PHASE 2
THE INNOVATIVE LEADER PODCAST WITH DAVID PHILLIPS AND CHRISTY GEIGER
Proactive planning is needed now more than ever. This week moving to the end of 2020, there are more states in the USA that have announced “shut down” and “closure” of gyms, restaurants, etc. It is difficult because most have not experienced a “relief” since COVID started and if they were “going out” might have just started to feel a little comfortable. With Thanksgiving next week and Christmas décor going up here in the USA, people want to be in joyful and festive spirits but struggle when “restrictions” limit what they can do and enjoy and how they can prepare.
It is challenging AND as leaders, we have to be aware of these dynamics going on. To ask people how they are, give them a chance to acknowledge and name it and support them to find new solutions. We have to find new solutions. When we try to keep doing things the way we always have but have new limitations, it is natural to feel discouraged. Encouragement is seeing what is possible. As leaders, we have the opportunity to help people find new possibilities personally and professionally with proactive planning. Be a light. It really matters.
In today’s episode, we will look at how you can proactively plan for yourself and spread that positivity to others.
- Body – physical ways to prepare and stay healthy
- indoor workout – abs, jazzercise, yoga
- water, supplements, sleep
- energy, things that make you laugh
- finances – budget, gifts (elving)
- Mind – internal mental mindset and perspective to stay creative and curios
- re-create traditions (grieve for ones you can’t do; shift to what you can do)
- learn a new skill – goal, hobby, courses
- create a virtual community to share and encourage
- focus on others…. (what can you do to spread joy)
- Spirit – heart emotion and energy
- how to lift spirits – focus on creating HOPE
- find ways to be with people – lift spirits, etc.
- ask how are people à label and name (it’s ok to feel bummed… giving space to talk about it helps)
What are your ideas?!? SHARE and SPREAD your ideas to inspire others!
Thanks for tuning in! Like and follow the podcast, share a comment or review.
We appreciate you!
Click here for more helpful Innovative Leader Podcasts